DURATrax™ Family of Polyurethane Roll Covers
Designed for Traction
Whether energy is being transferred from the roll to the wire or from the wire to the roll, WireTrax™ will optimize your efficiency, dramatically reduce slippage and save you money in energy costs and premature wire wear. Softer WireTrax™ covers last longer and provide more coefficient of friction than bone hard rubber covers. Finally, hydrophobic polyurethane roll cover technology is specifically designed for the wet end of a paper machine.
Breast rolls, wire rolls, felt rolls, guide rolls, chemi-washer rolls, paper rolls, forming rolls, wire drive rolls, wire return rolls, take off and other non-nipped rolls.
Cover Attributes – Advantages & Benefits
- Traction – Dramatic reduction in slippage equals longer clothing life
- Hydrophobicity – Does not absorb ANY water. Never needs to be “dried out”.
- Durability – 5x more abrasion resistant than bone hard rubber(0-1 P&J)
- Doctorability – Can be doctored with composite, steel, or UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) blades
- Release – Surface morphology provides for exceptional sheet release
- Stress Relieved – No “edge lifting” or cracking
- Less Abrasive – Bone hard (0-1 P&J) rubber covers can contain 3x more abrasive fillers in them that cause premature wire and felt wear.
- Chemical Resistance – Compatible with virtually all chemicals used with any grade of paper
- Bond Strength - WireTrax™ cover’s bond strength exceeds its tensile strength.
Cover Hardness______________4-25 P&J
Cover Thickness_____________1/4” – 1” (6-25mm)
Max. Operating Temperature___200°F (93°C)
Coefficient of Friction____________Excellent (Superior @ 200°F)
DuraTrax™ Polyurethane Roll Covers are custom engineered for the toughest applications in the paper machine. DuraTrax™ covers are made using proprietary equipment and materials that defy conventional roll covering guidelines and expectations. DuraTrax™ covers give the customer all the benefits that modern chemistry and engineering have to offer.
WireTrax™ is a proprietary polyurethane compound formulated by IPS, Inc. WireTrax™ is only available through IPS, Inc.’s global network of licensees.
Contact Us for a comprehensive Technical Data sheet on WireTrax™ roll covers or any of the DuraTrax™ family of roll covers.